The APEEE supports the #BikesForUkraine campaign initiated by six Ukrainian NGOs.
This campaign is collecting bikes to help Ukrainian volunteers & community services.
The bicycle has become the main way of getting around in the Ukrainian cities that have suffered most from the Russian military aggression: Kharkiv, Chernihiv, Sumy and others. These cities are struggling with interrupted or non-operational public transport and a lack of fuel.
The bicycle is often the only option for delivering humanitarian aid and moving personnel working on critical services.
- Donate your bike(s) that you no longer use, but which are still in good working condition. Both bikes for children and adults are welcome. We also welcome electric bikes (with working batteries).
- Donate spare parts, locks, helmets, and/or pumps
- Spread the word! Use our visuals and activate your networks so that we reach a maximum number of bike-owners.
- Volunteer and help us repair donated bikes, ensuring they are fit for use. Get in touch by email: MOVE-COMMUNICATION@ec.europa.eu
- Donate money to BE26 3770 1913 7329 (M. Kelly-Tychtl) to purchase second-hand bikes and spare parts, to support repair efforts and to cover part of the shipping costs.
WHERE & WHEN:
You can drop off bikes, spare parts, and locks at the entrance of DG MOVE, Rue de Mot/De Motstraat 28, 1040 Etterbeek during the following hours between 5-27 October:
- Tuesdays (11, 18, 25 October) 8:30-10:00
- Wednesdays (5, 12, 19, 26 October) 8:30-10:00
- Thursdays (6, 13, 20, 27 October) 8:30-10:00
Find out more here: https://transport.ec.europa.eu/ukraine/we-collect-bikesforukraine_fr