The Community Fund Committee

Mariana Ghitoi – Romanian section

Mum of Arsenie (S1 RO) – I have been a member of the APEEE Board since January 2018 and a class representative for the last 5 years. Currently I am the Chairperson of the Community Fund Committee. I strongly believe that an effective partnership between parents and school is essential to ensure quality education and the well-being of our children.

Ambar Hernandez Pacheco – French section

Mum of Johanna (S3 Fr) and Ludovic (S1 Fr) – I’ve been a class representative for the last 6 years, a section representative for the last 4 years. I have also been actively involved with the British Scouts overseas and the Brussels Childbirth Trust as a volunteer. I take the saying “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child” at heart and truly believe that for our children that village can be found within the school community (teachers, parents and fellow students).

Sarah Ironside – English section

Mum of Katie Jane (S7 EN) and TomTom (S5 EN) – My children have been at the school for twelve years. I believe that parents have an important role in the school community and that we can all contribute to making OUR school the best possible environment for our children’s education. Combining our knowledge, skills and abilities by volunteering our time is the way to do this.  Over the last years, I have been involved in many  activities, in collaboration with the APEEE and with the school.

Dan Nicolae – Romanian section

I am the father of a P5 girl, who is part of the Student Council, so we decided as a family that we can do something for the school and for the community.  I am a physician by profession, and I decided that the best way to help is to join the Community Fund as the results can be seen all around the school.

Dana Puia Morel – English section

I work at the European Commission, where I act as an internal coach and put in practice the innovative methods of Participatory Leadership (the Art of Hosting), which dwell on collective intelligence in a productive and creative way. I have been using my experience on how to design inclusive processes and thus bring people together, to build a true Community for our school. I believe that the Community Fund is an essential instrument for having a vibrant, diverse and engaged community in our school.

Vanessa Vignati – Italian section

Mum of Sara (S7 IT) (Gabriel S7 IT 2018-2019 and Riccardo S7 IT 2020-2021) – I have been a class representative every year from when my children started the school. I am the coordinator of the Italian stand for the Somerfesto since 2014 and I am on the Community Fund Committee since 2016.

The Community Fund Committee meets once a month to discuss and analyse projects.

Feel free to contact us : communityfund@bru4.eu