Assemblée Générale extraordinaire de l’APEEE de Bruxelles IV, 26.06.2017
Rationale for the extraordinary General Assembly – 26 June 2017
As announced at the General Assembly held on 8 December 2016, the Administrative Board has reviewed its Statutes by reference to, and in consultation with, the three other Brussels-based schools, and wishes to amend its Statutes for the following key reasons
1. To ensure optimum accountability and transparency in relation to financial and budgetary matters;
2. To ensure swifter publication of the decisions of the General Assembly and of the Administrative Board
3. To establish a Social Fund and to bring the rules governing the Community fund into the ambit of the Statutes and associated RoP
4. To describe the role and responsibilities of Class Representatives and Section Representatives
5. To create Rules of Procedure for the Administrative Board setting out its duties and responsibilities, in the discharge of which it acts at all times
under the over-arching authority of the General Assembly
6. To create Rules of Procedure for the General Assembly
7. To delete the transitional provisions articles in the 2012 Statutes, which are no longer needed
8. To make editorial changes as required.
The eGA will also be invited to approve Recruiting Rules, which set out the procedures for recruiting staff to the Association.
Please note that the eGA will be structured in two parts:
Part I will review the draft Statutes for approval. A notary will be present for this part of the eGA. As notaries, like taxis, charge by the minute, it would be very helpful if you could review the statutes prior to the meeting and send any comments to Catherine.email@example.com, so that they can be addressed and hopefully resolved prior to the eGA itself.
Part II will review the draft Rules of Procedure for the Administrative Board, the draft Rules of Procedure for the General Assembly and the draft Recruiting Rules for staff of the Association.