The Role of Class Representatives
A class representative is the vital link between the parents and the Parents Association (APEEE). 4 class representatives should be elected per class in each section.
Important : You can only represent one class even if you have children in other classes.
The class representatives are elected by the parents. They relay requests; observations etc. from the parents to the Parents Association.
Each class representative can choose to endorse one of the following functions:
- Information Officer to forward information from the Parents Associations to the parents of the class you represent
- Somerfesto Correspondent to support the preparation of the school yearly festival Somerfesto
- Treasurer to administer the class fund (to cover common costs during the year) and gather ideas for submitting proposals to the community fund
- Back-up Delegate to act as a back-up for the other class representatives
The class representatives facilitates contact between the teacher and the parents for general questions. They can intervene for educational questions and/or other problems that may arise.
The attendance of all four class representatives is required at the APEEE’s General Assembly. Each vote is very essential to the effective functioning of the Parents Association and will aim to foster your children’s life at school.
Important : Only class representatives who are up-to-date with the APEEE’s contribution can vote. The final date for payment is the 1st November 2017.
If you are unable to attend, you can give your proxy vote to another class representative. Each class representative can hold up to three proxy votes. Please note that if you don’t use your vote, it will be wasted.
There is a Quorum:
- 2/3rds of the class representatives must be present or represented by a proxy at the APEEE General Assembly;
- 4/5ths of the class representatives must be present or represented by a proxy where the voting is for a change to the aims of the APEEE.
Class representatives also appoint Section representatives for each language section to assist them. The contact details of the class representatives are distributed to the Section Representatives for their section.
We thank you in advance for your participation in the school life!