Guidance on our Enrolment System for 2017 – 2018
Enrolments in extracurricular activities are managed through our enrolment system. Enrolments launched on 6 June 2017 but are available (subject to places) all year. Places are allocated first come first served.
For new families enrolling their child for the first time:
1. Firstly, you will be asked to create a user account.
2. Secondly, you must register your family with all its relevant members as associates to the APEEE. Each family counts as one associate member for which the membership fee will need to be paid. The payment of your membership opens access to use services. Your data will be stored in a database accessible to the APEEE staff in order to manage your request and to contact you in case necessary.
3. Thirdly, you will be able to register your children to the extra-curricular activities service for the school year 2017 – 2018, even if we have not yet received your 50 euro APEEE membership fee.
For families already enrolled:
1. Firstly, you will be invited to pay you membership fee which opens access to the APEEE services if not done yet.
2. Secondly, you verify if the data in your current profile are correct and modify it if necessary (especially phone number and email address).
3. Thirdly, you will be able to register each of your children to the extracurricular activities service for the school year 2017 – 2018 (and other services).
4. Finally, there is no need to change the class level of your child, it will be done later by APEEE.
For all parents:
All registrations to extracurricular activities will be processed on the basis of first come, first served. Activities will only take place if the minimum number of children required for each activity enrolls.
The extracurricular activities will end on Friday 29 june 2018 for all children.
Before enrolling we urge you to study the “Regulations for Extra-curricular Activities” you must accept during the enrolment process.
ATTENTION: there is a difference compared to previous years: each registration has an order which means that if you wish to register your child in 5 activities, you will have 5 different orders and therefore 5 different structured communications for the payment.
IMPORTANT: please, note that you would be able to register your child to a maximum of 5 activities (if you wish to register your child in more than 5 activities, please contact us).
Please, take note of the following important facts which often cause misunderstandings:
Enrolment requests are for the entire school year. You will not be reimbursed for cancelling an enrolment during the school year other than for medical reasons or because the student leaves the school mid-year.
If you wish to enrol your child in an activity on a Wednesday afternoon and your child is not registered to attend the OIB child care centre in Laeken, you must register to for lunchtime supervision (picnic or hot meal) in addition to the activity itself.
Prices for the same activity may vary. This is because all prices are calculated based on the number of classes that will take place during the year and the duration of classes.
Bus transport related to extracurricular activities for children enrolled to school bus service:
– On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays there is no guaranteed bus transport after extracurricular activities. The second departure bus transport for secondary classes can be used if places are available. Please note, however, that circuits will not be adapted to meet the needs of children enrolled in extracurricular activities and that distances between the stop and home will be longer. It is possible that there are no monitors on the second departure buses.
– Wednesday: there is no bus going after the extra-curricular activities. However, if we have a high demand regarding the organization of transport after the extra-curricular activities, we will study the possibility to set up in place.
– Parents who are interested in using one of the second departure routes should wait until the routes are published (around the end of August), identify the line that they are interested in using and contact the transport office to see if there is a place available on that route.
The activities will be organised as follows :
– From Monday 18th September 2017 to Friday 29th June 2018, from M1 to S2 included.
– From Monday 16th October 2017 until Friday 29th June 2018, from S3 to S7 included.
If you have other issues with our online enrolnment system please read this before contacting the office.
Why are prices for the same activity different?
Prices are calculated on the basis of the number of sessions that will take place and therefore the precise dates of holidays may mean that an actvivity on one day of the week occurs less frequently than the same activity on another day of the week. Please also note that activites on Wednesdays are longer (and prices are higher) and that S3-S7 start activites later in the school year (and prices are lower).
What languages are classes taught in?
All our activities are taught in French unless specified otherwise. Many of our monitors can also speak English. If you have concerns, please contact the office before enroling.
Can you enrol in the middle of the year?
Yes – and prices will be calculated on a pro rata basis. But remember it will be subject to space and some activities are popular and fill up fast!
Can I enrol my child for a second transport departure?
We cant guarantee a space on the second departure but we try our best. Please contact the transport office (email@example.com) with us in copy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and indicate which line and stop you want a space on. Note that the circuits are different on Fridays but there is almost certainly a stop in your neighbourhood even if it is not exactly the same as the one you would usually use. Lines will be published at the end of August (check the transport pages).
My child is in the Laeken garderie – can they still do an activity?
When do activites start?
M1, M2, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5 : Monday 12 septembre 2016
S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 : Monday 10 october 2016
When will I hear if I have a place?
We endeavour to inform parents as soon as possible. You should hear from us end August/beginning of September.
How do you know how good the monitors are?
Throughout the year ou team drops in on classes and keeps an eye on how things are running. The decision as to which monitors to recruit for the following school year is based on this (and any other feedback). This year we are looking at implementing a more formal feedback system. If you have any concerns during the year we are always happy to discuss them.
If you take private classes you will be directly in contact with the teacher.
Leave a Reply